Common Household Items that Can Cause a Fire

November 28, 2017

Fire safety experts say you need to be careful with these common household items: 

 

You never want to smell smoke in your home and realize there’s a fire. That’s why it is important to be diligent about fire safety. Experts recommend that homeowners be especially careful with the following common household items:

  • Portable heaters. Never leave one in a room unattended. Make sure paper and other combustible materials are well away from these units.
     

  • Electronics chargers. We all want our computers, tablets and smartphones to charge quickly. The price we pay for that convenience is chargers that pull in a lot of power, making them very hot. Keep them away from combustible material, as well as other wiring.
     

  • Smoking materials. Be careful with cigarettes, pipes, cigars and other such items. Bedding and upholstery, which burn slowly and dangerously, are the source of 75% of smoking-related fires. 
     

  • Candles. Never leave candles unattended for any reason. If you must leave the room, extinguish them.
     

  • Flammable liquids. These can include paints, thinners and some brands of cleaning products. Read labels carefully and follow the safety instructions.

 

To paraphrase a famous expression: An ounce of prevention is worth not having to deal with a house fire.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Fire safety experts say you need to be careful with these common household items: 

You never want to smell smoke in your home and realize there’s a fir...

Common Household Items that Can Cause a Fire

November 28, 2017

1/6
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

OUR INSTAGRAM GAME IS ON POINT

FOLLOW ALONG - @NELLESNOLASCO

The trademarks displayed on this site, including CREA®, MLS®, Multiple Listing Service ®, and the associated logos and design marks are owned by the Canadian Real Estate Association.  Realtor® is a trademark of Realtor® Canada Inc., a corporation owned by Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®.  Other trademarks may be owned by real estate boards and other third parties.  Nothing contained on this site gives any user the right or license to use any trademark displayed on this site without the express permission of the owner. 

357 Front Street

Belleville, Ontario

K8N 2Z9

Off. 613.966.6060